While a wedding is one of the most important events in a couple’s life, it can also be a memorable and special occasion for your loved ones and guests. Planning a wedding that involves the unexpected, or surprises, is a great way to make sure that your wedding will be unforgettable. But what are the different options for surprising your wedding guests? And how can you make sure that your plans will be effective?
What are the different options for surprising your wedding guests?
There are several different ways that you can surprise your wedding guests, depending on your preferences and the type of wedding you are planning. These options include:
- Unique favours: Wedding favours are a traditional and popular addition to any wedding, you don’t need to stick to just the traditional options like chocolate or candles and could instead surprise your guests with a more personalised or customised wedding favour. While this would take more planning and dedication, tailoring your wedding favours to the interests of your guests can make your wedding guests feel appreciated, and give them something useful to commemorate your special day. This also makes your wedding more memorable.
- Unique ceremony: Another alternative is to plan a unique ceremony. You could, for instance, compose your own vows, add a special reading or poetry, or make use of a local custom. Another option is to surprise your guests with a new ceremony, like a handfasting or a candle-lighting ritual for unity.
- Interactive elements: Engaging your guests and making your wedding interactive is a very effective approach to make your guests feel special, and to add a touch of surprise to your wedding. A DIY cocktail station or a sweet or dessert buffet where guests can create their own treats could be put up. To keep guests entertained, you might also put up a gaming section with lawn games, board games, or even video games, depending on your guests and their preferences.
- Surprise speeches: Surprise speeches that are tailored to your guests and their preferences can be a great way to show your appreciation and to add something different and special to your wedding. This could involve making an unexpected speech yourself or asking your wedding party or parents to make speeches and to thank your guests for coming to the celebration.
- Unexpected décor: An unexpected décor or interior design scheme can help to surprise and impress your guests on their arrival to the venue. Some effective options could include a photo booth with fun props, or unique lighting features that can create a strong visual impact, as well as unique and stylised floral displays.
- Singing waiters: A surprise performance is a great way to entertain guests and make the wedding day memorable, and a team of professional singing waiters are the most surprising and impressive option. Singing waiters will be disguised as members of the waiting staff throughout your wedding, before breaking the disguise with a 30 to 40 minute performance. Not only is this sure to surprise and delight your guests, but the performance will also be interactive, involving your guests in the entertainment, making lasting memories.